Happy New Year!!
It seems like just yesterday we were in the 90’s and now we’re in the teenage years of the 2000’s!! It’s so bizarre to me how fast time flies!
Today is January 1st. I LOVE firsts! I love new starts, clean slates, & new beginnings. The past is the past and we have a chance to do something different this year to get an even better outcome than the past year. Remember, the definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Here is an example of how commonly this happens: Every January 1st it’s possible that you make the same New Years Resolutions…lose weight, stop smoking, eat healthier, exercise more, etc… and every year that lasts for about 1 week until you decide it’s too hard and psych yourself out of working at your goals, making yourself feel better by assuring yourself you’ll do it next time. Every year you follow the same pattern and you get the same result…by the time December 31st comes around you have only increased your bad habits and are kicking yourself for not achieving what you set out to do. You can’t get a different result with the same pattern, right? So, let’s DO something about it this year!
This is the first and only 2013 we will ever experience! You have a chance TODAY to make it the BEST year of your life! It doesn’t matter if your 13, 33, 63, or 83, if you want to reach your goals, YOU CAN! Only YOU can get in the way of your success.
Whether your main objectives are for your job, finances, family, achievements, or relationships, none of this can be enjoyed without your HEALTH. In this day and age, HEALTH IS WEALTH!
There may come a day where it may be very difficult to go to the doctor, get medication, or rely on any other medical crutch we tend to use. NOW is the time to get prepared, to learn how to take care of yourself and your family and be ready for anything that may come your way. We have learned over and over again by celebrities that you can have all the money in the world, but if you don’t have your health, it doesn’t matter. Steve Jobs was a perfect example of this. He had access to anything and everything he could get his hands on, but in the end, tragically his health failed and he could not enjoy his incredible empire he created.
Make this year a year of ABUNDANCE in every area and focus on healing your mind, body, & soul at the core!
Here are 7 Simple Steps to Your Healthiest Year Ever!
1. EAT CLEAN
- “Eating clean” can mean many things depending on one’s interpretation, but it is quite simple. I like Micheal Pollen’s quote: “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” It sums it up quite perfectly I believe! If you need a bit more guidance, here are the top foods to avoid:
- Sugar, Gluten, Dirty Dairy, Processed Foods, non-organic & pastured animal products, GMO’s, Farmed Fish, artificial sweeteners, the dirty dozen of produce, and anything packaged. 🙂
2. EXERCISE CONSISTENTLY
- We all know exercise is essential for a healthy lifestyle. January 1st, the gyms are packed with new members trying to start of the year right. The KEY to remember is consistently. This isn’t a phase of life, it’s a lifestyle. Exercise should be something you ENJOY that your body CRAVES! It is something we should be doing multiple times per week and never something we dread. Coming from someone who almost lost her leg, I can tell you that exercising is a privilege for sure! Make a habit out of it and you will be glad you did! My FAVORITE forms of exercise are the Beach Body Programs. I am currently doing Insanity and LOVING it! For more information, check out the programs here.
3. KEEP A POSITIVE PERSPECTIVE
- This is one of the most important things we can do to live a full life! Imagine if EVERYONE had a positive perspective in every situation. Your perspective is YOUR choice and cannot be dictated by anyone else. Having a positive outlook on life will dramatically impact every ambition you have for the better, whether that’s weight loss, finances, your career, relationships, anything!
4. DRINK MORE WATER
- I know it’s cliche…everyone tells you to drink more water and you know you need to, but it’s SO TRUE! Many illnesses can be traced back to one simple thing-dehydration. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces of water, so for someone who weighs 160 lbs, they should drink 80 oz of water, which is 10-8oz glasses, not the 8- 80z glasses that is typically recommended. When you’re looking for what kind of water to drink, here are some key things to remember:
- Spring Water is always best- go to www.findaspring.com to see if there is a natural spring near you! This water is extremely healing!
- If going bottled always look for BPA-Free bottled water. Here are some brands: Neo, Essentia, Mountain Valley Spring Water.
- If you have Reverse Osmosis water, be aware that it has been completely stripped of everything so it has no mineralization and can pose certain health risks. You must add minerals to this kind of water. Go to your local health food store to find some good options.
- If you’re bored with water as I often get, try adding lemons, berries, cucumbers, orange slices, stevia, or drinking herbal teas.
5. GET RID OF ENVIRONMENTAL TOXINS & MEDICATIONS
- We have a problem that are grandparents and great grandparents never had to worry much about- Environmental toxins. Did you know that there are now more than 80,000 chemicals in our food supply alone? That’s INSANE since not 1 chemical is actually a food source! I know it can be overwhelming to think about all we are exposed to, but taking it one step at a time to clean up your family’s environment is a great place to start. Remember our skin is our biggest organ. Whatever we put on our skin goes directly into our blood stream. That being said, you better make sure all that goes on your skin is edible! 🙂 It’s also important to start strengthening your body and transitioning from harmful medications to natural alternatives. I am able to work directly with my clients on their body’s specific needs to help with this transition. Here are some key areas to clean up in this new year:
- Shampoos, soaps, lotions, face wash, shaving cream, makeup, toothpaste, laundry detergent, cleaning products, perfumes, hair products, non-stick cookware, air fresheners, etc.
- An amazing resource you need to check out is www.EWG.org.
6. ADD SUNRIDER FOODS TO YOUR LIFE
- I am a HUGE Sunrider fan. Why? Because these foods have completely changed my life. When something changes your life you want to share it with everyone! Coming from someone who has a medical and holistic education, very clean diet, exercise routine, and healthy lifestyle, that is saying a lot! In all my years of research I still have never found anything comparable to the Sunrider Foods, there is nothing out there like it! There are tons of protein shakes, supplements, Traditional Chinese Medicine herbs, superfoods, etc. All of these are great things, but they still are nothing like the Sunrider Foods! To learn more about these incredibly nutrient dense & super easy to integrate foods, and to watch my video on how they have impacted my life, visit my page here. I truly believe this is the biggest bang for your buck you can get and will incredibly maximize your healing process!
7. MANAGE YOUR STRESS
- And finally take a look at your stress levels. Stress is our health’s worst enemy. No matter how much broccoli and quinoa you eat, if you are chronically stressed and have not found a healthy way to manage it, it’s going to work against you in everything you try to do. Interestingly enough the above 6 strategies will dramatically help with your stress levels. Exercise, eating clean, and a positive perspective can do loads of good! Changing your perspective alone has the capability to completely eradicate any source of stress! Look around your life and see what things may need to be changed or eliminated in order to have more peace and less stress. Doing so can do you a world of good. Here are my favorite stress managing techniques:
- Exercise, deep breathing, EFT- Emotional Freedom Technique, journaling, praying, meditating/visualizing with guided visualizations or peaceful music, stopping what I’m doing and praising the Lord in thankfulness :).
There you have it friend! 7 Steps that could have a wonderful impact on your life and your mission in the world. We are all here for a specific purpose and my purpose is to help you stay strong so you can live out your calling! If you find all of this overwhelming and need someone to encourage you through this process, I would love to talk with you! We can create a specific plan just for you to maximize your results in the quickest amount of time possible. You can email me directly at Jessica@JessicaLopezRN.com.
Don’t forget ladies, I will be starting a new group in “The Empowered Woman” journey mid-January! THIS WILL BE THE LAST DISCOUNTED PROGRAM. After this next program, The cost of membership will go up to it’s original price. Remember, this is a 4-month journey together with 1-on-1 support the whole way. My mission is to empower you with everything you need to know to defeat what I like to call the 3-D’s- Disease, Depression, & the Devil! At the end of this Mind, Body, Soul journey you’ll know exactly what you need to do to live a life of freedom!
Have an amazing 2013 you guys!!! Thank you for doing what you do and living out your purpose in the world. Let’s optimize every day of this next year together, shall we?
In Health, Happiness, & Hope,
I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure.
~ Psalm 119:162