I wanted to introduce you all to one of my favorite soup recipes that is delicious and super healing for the body. I make a big pot of it and eat it throughout the week. You can also freeze it and take it out in smaller portions when your ready to eat it.
Below I have listed the benefits of this soup and the ingredients in it. If you are wanting to do a cleanse or reset for the body, you can eat this soup all day for a day or two..or three…however long you want really. It will help to cleanse out toxins, fill your body with important vitamins and nutrients and give your system a break from all of the difficult things we make it digest. I know it might sound weird to eat soup for breakfast, but it is actually a great idea! Our bodies tend to be most dehydrated in the mornings after sleeping, so extra fluids will help hydrate the body. This soup is filled with high quality protein, fatty acids, and complex carbohydrates to give you an energy boost and keep you full and your blood sugar stable to prevent crashes later in the day. As you will read below, each ingredient in this soup is healing and has potent anti-cancer & anti-disease properties. I hope you enjoy healing & protecting your body one bite at a time with this delicious soup!
*DISCLAIMER: Please understand I am not stating that this soup should be used to treat or cure any cancer or disease. I am simply stating that it has incredible properties to feed the body to do what it was created to do.*
- 1/2 head of green savoy or “curly” cabbage sliced thinly in strips
- 3 carrots sliced in small circles
- 1 Red potato in chunks
- 2 celery stalks diced with leaves
- ½ zucchini in quartered circles
- 3 leeks thinly sliced in small rings
- 1 onion diced
- 1 head of whole garlic cloves peeled
- 1 1/2 cups lentils soaked in water the night before
- 2 organic beef bones
- 1 Tb. Apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tb. Raw coconut oil
- 1 c. fresh parsley
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado for garnish
**For OPTIMAL results and nutrition, use all organic produce and ingredients**
- Place all ingredients except salt, pepper, and avocado in a large pot and fill with water about 1 inch above the ingredients. Cover with lid
- Bring to boil for about 15 minutes, then reduce heat and let simmer over medium low for an hour and a half. It will be ready to eat by then, but the longer you let it simmer the better it gets (I usually make this in the morning and we eat it for dinner).
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I use about 1 tsp of Himalayan sea salt.
- Garnish with avocado slices. Serve with Gluten-free bread or crackers.
- Store leftovers in the fridge and eat it throughout the week or store in glass containers in the freezer.
INCREDIBLE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Lowers cholesterol by binding to bile salts and excreting them out of the body.
- Especially good source of Sinigrin. Sinigrin is one of the cabbage glucosinolates that has received special attention in cancer prevention research.
- Cancer prevention tops all other areas of health research with regard to cabbage and its outstanding benefits.
- Rank at the top in antioxidants with an excellent source of vitamin C, good source of Vitamin A, and impressively high in polyphenols.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reducing inflammation in the body which increases cancer risk.
- The glucosinolates found in cabbage can be converted into isothiocyanate compounds that are cancer preventive for a variety of different cancers, including bladder cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, and prostate cancer. (glucosinolates are powerful anti-cancer molecules only found in cruciferous vegetables like cabbage).
- Excellent source of fiber helping to clean the digestive tract of harmful toxins.
- Excellent source of antioxidants
- Richest source of the pro-vitamin A carotenes.
- Great at preventing cardiovascular disease, cancer, and promoting good vision.
- Due to richness in carotenoids and fiber, it is beneficial for blood sugar regulation.
- Contains a phytonutrient called Falcarinol which is known for its anti-cancer properties, especially with colon cancers.
- Promotes lung health and fights against damage done by cigarette smoke. A carcinogen found in cigarette smoke, benzo(a)pyrene, has been found to cause Vitamin A deficiency. Vitamin A deficiency has been found to cause emphysema. Therefore, a diet high in Vitamin A may reduce the risk of emphysema caused by first and second-hand cigarette smoke.
- High in fiber, which cleans out the colon, keeps you fuller longer, aids in weight loss, and fights against constipation.
- Rank in the top 20 of antioxidant rich foods!
- Low in calories and fat. One medium red potato has only 110 calories and is 99% fat-free.
- Good levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin B-6, and Potassium. One medium red potato has 45% of the daily value of vitamin C, 21% recommended daily value of Vitamin B-6, and a whopping 620mg of potassium, which is more than bananas, spinach, or broccoli.
- High in fiber, which cleans out the colon, keeps you fuller longer, aids in weight loss, and fights against constipation.
- Low (GI) Glycemic Index which means it does not cause a big spike in blood sugar and is safe for low sugar diets and anti-candida diets.
- Natural diuretic properties, helping the body to eliminate excess water and fluid.
- Rich in Vitamin K and Vitamin C, strengthening the immune system, preventing colds, and fighting against free radical damage that increase risks for disease and cancer.
- Reduces High Blood Pressure. It has been long known by the chinese medicine practitioners as well as Western medicine researchers that celery contains a compound called Phthalides, which can help relax the muscles around the arteries and help the arteries dilate, leaving more space for the blood to flow through at a lower pressure. This compound also reduces stress hormones in the body which cause arteries to constrict creating high blood pressure.
- Lowers cholesterol by increasing bile acid secretion.
- Celery contains compounds calledcoumarins that help prevent free radicals from damaging cells, thus decreasing the mutations that increase the potential for cells to become cancerous.
- Compounds in celery called acetylenics have been shown to stop the growth of tumor cells.
- Prevent cell mutations and cancer like changes.
- Reduces symptoms of (BPH) Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy in men.
- Excellent source of Magnesium, manganese, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, fiber, potassium, folate, copper, riboflavin, and phosphorus which all give cardiovascular protection and encourage heart health.
- High fiber content which helps sweep toxins out of the colon, improving digestive health and decreasing risks for colon cancer.
- Protects our blood vessel lining with the well researched powerful flavonoid, kaempferol that has been proven to be beneficial in cardiovascular health.
- Rich in bioactive folate, an important component from the B Vitamin group which plays a key role in heart health.
- High levels of free-radical fighting polyphenols.
- Like garlic and onions, leeks are packed with key nutrients and antioxidants to support the body and immune system to stay strong and resist disease.
- Incredibly high levels of polyphenols which strengthen our systems and protect us from disease and illness.
- Sulfur components can lower cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Can increase bone density and prevent bone fractures.
- The high sulfur compounds are beneficial for our connective tissues because sulfur is necessary in the formation of connective tissue.
- Anti-inflammatory due to antioxidants, in particular Quercetin.
- Research has shown time and time again the incredible cancer preventing and fighting abilities in all cancers when onions are eaten moderately and even better when eaten on a daily basis.
- Rich in a variety of powerful sulfur compounds that give it its pungent odor and is the source of its incredible cancer fighting properties.
- garlic is an excellent source of manganese, a very good source of vitamin B-6 and vitamin C and a good source of selenium.
- Greatly improves cardiovascular health through lowering triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure, preventing blood platelets from sticking together, and protecting blood cells and blood vessels from oxidative stress and damage. Oxidative damage is a major precursor to cardiovascular problems including heart attach and atherosclerosis.
- Anti-bacterial & Anti-Viral. This food plays a huge role in fighting and controlling infection, bacteria, viruses, yeasts, fungi, and worms.
- When consumed regularly, it has been shown to lower risk of nearly all cancers.
- Assists our body’s ability to absorb iron, increasing the amount of iron in the blood, giving us more energy.
- A Fiber All-Star. One cup of lentils provides 62% of the recommended daily value for your fiber! Lentils top the list for fiber content in legumes. This combination of soluble and insoluble fiber lowers cholesterol, stabilizes blood sugar, aids weight loss, cleans out the colon, and improves digestive health preventing disorders such as diverticulitis and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Heart health. A study done over a 25 year period showed that diets that include lentils and legumes had an incredible 82% less risk of dying from heart disease!
- High levels of folate. Folate is a B Vitamin that lowers levels of the harmful chemical Homocysteine. When B- Vitamins are lacking, homocysteine levels rise and are dangerous because they damage artery walls and are a huge risk factor for heart disease.
- High levels of Magnesium. Magnesium is also known as “nature’s own calcium-channel blocker”, which causes veins and arteries to relax, lessening the resistance of blood flow, allowing for improved circulation, oxygen, and nutrients throughout the body. Lack of magnesium has been shown to be associated with heart attack risk and promoting free-radical damage to the heart.
- Stabilizes blood sugar levels, giving you energy and fuel to burn all day long without your blood sugar spiking and crashing.
- Boosts your Iron levels. Lentils replenish your iron reserves which is very beneficial for many people, especially those with anemia. Iron is an integral part of hemoglobin in the blood which delivers oxygen and nutrients to the tissues. Women in particular are at risk for low iron levels during menstruation, pregnancy, and lactation.
Beef bone broth
- The bones create gelatine in the broth which is extremely healing for the body, especially the digestive system. Gelatine has been proven to be beneficial for a long list of diseases including peptic ulcers, tuberculosis, diabetes, muscle diseases, infectious diseases, jaundice and cancer. It attracts digestive juices to the gut improving digestion.
- It helps to support the connective tissue in your body and also helps the fingernails and hair to grow well and strong.
- As the bones cook in water – especially if that water has been made slightly acidic by the inclusion of cider vinegar – minerals and other nutrients leach from the bones into the water. Homemade broth is rich in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and other trace minerals. The minerals in broth are easily absorbed by the body.
- Good for joints. Bone broth contains glucosamine and chondroiton – which are thought to help decrease effects of arthritis and joint pain.
Organic, raw Apple cider vinegar
- The pectin in the vinegar helps reduce bad cholesterol and regulate blood pressure.
- When mixed with food, this vinegar helps extract calcium from the fruits, vegetables, and meat it is mixed with, helping to maintain strong bones.
- Loaded with potassium, which helps eliminate excess water and liquid in the tissues, flush toxins out of the body, aids in muscle recovery after exercise, and prevent the many ailments associated with potassium deficiency such as hair loss, weak nails, sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses), and chronic runny noses.
- Helps with weight loss by breaking down fat and increasing metabolism.
- It contains malic acid which is very helpful in fighting bacterial and fungal infections. This acid also helps to relieve joint pain and gout by dissolving uric acid deposits that form around joints.
- It is claimed that apple cider vinegar is helpful in ailments such as constipation, headaches, arthritis, weak bones, indigestion, high cholesterol, diarrhea, eczema, sore eyes, chronic fatigue, mild food poisoning, hair loss, high blood pressure, obesity, along with a host of many other ailments. No wonder then many know apple cider vinegar as the “Wonder Drug”.
Raw coconut oil
- High levels of Lauric acid which is extremely beneficial in fighting viruses and bacteria that cause disease such as herpes, influenza, cytomegalovirus, and even HIV. It’s antibacterial effects are beneficial in fighting against heliobacter pylori (cause of stomach ulcers), and harmful protazoa and parasites such as giardia.
- Prevents heart damage, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. As well as reducing damage to artery walls and preventing atherosclerosis.
- Weight Loss. This oil is incredible for weight loss as it contains essential fatty acids to remove excess fat, increases the metabolism by nourishing the thyroid, and reducing the stress on the pancreas.
- Helpful in treating pancreatitis.
- Aids in digestion, preventing many digestive illnesses and problems. It’s antimicrobial actions fight against bad bacteria, parasites, fungi, ect.. that cause indigestion, constipation, pain, and bloating.
- Strengthens the immune system with its antimicrobial fatty acids: lauric acid, caprylic acid, and capric acid.
- According to the Coconut Research Center, coconut oil kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, SARS, etc. It also kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, etc. Coconut oil is also effective on fungi and yeast that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, etc.
- Coconut oil helps in controlling blood sugar, and improves the secretion of insulin. It also helps in effective utilization of blood glucose, thereby preventing and treating diabetes.
- It is believed that coconut oil plays an instrumental role in reducing viral susceptibility of HIV and cancer patients.
- One of the world’s 7 most potent species. (which also include Ginger, Oregano, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Sage, and Red chili peppers.)
- High iron and Vitamin C helps with anemia (low iron levels).
- It improves the digestion of proteins and fats therefore promoting intestinal absorption, liver assimilation and storage. Because of its high enzyme content, parsley benefits digestive activity and elimination.
- Treats ear infections.
- Supports liver, spleen, kidneys, and adrenal glands.
- Acts as a diuretic to get rid of excess fluid within the body.
- In women, parsley improves estrogen and nourishes and restores the blood of the uterus. Conditions like delayed menstruation, PMS, and the menopause (dry skin, irritability, depression and hair loss) can often improve.
- The high vitamin C, beta carotene, B12, chlorophyll and essential fatty acid content render parsley an extraordinary immunity enhancing food.
- Inhibits tumor formation.
- Tremendously helps the kidneys and forces toxic material out of the kidneys, reduces fluid retention, and helps with any kind of urinary tract infections.
- Helps to reduce liver congestion and purify the blood.
- Parsley helps to make the cycles regular by the presence of apiol which is a part of the female sex hormone estrogen.
- I could not list all of the incredible benefits of parsley. Read here for more information http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/diet_nutrition/ParsleyBenefits.htm
- Together with pure spring water, Himalayan Crystal Salt offers all the natural elements exactly identical to the elements in your body, providing the body with 84 elements that are naturally found within the body.
- Regulates water content throughout the body.
- Regulates pH in the blood with its alkaline properties.
- Promotes blood sugar stability.
- Promotes respiratory and sinus health.
- Promotes sleep.
- Enhances libido.
- Specifically protects and fights against prostate, oral, and breast cancer.
- Supports eye health with its high levels of the carotenoid lutein.
- Lowers bad cholesterol.
- Supports heart health with its good source of folate, Vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione.
- Protects against strokes.
- Enhances the absorption of nutrients in other foods.
- Avocados are an excellent source of glutathione, an important antioxidant that researchers say is important in preventing aging, cancer, and heart disease.
- Avocados are the best fruit source of vitamin E, an essential vitamin that protects against many diseases and helps maintains overall health.
Learn more about these incredible nutrients on this resourceful site- Www.whfoods.com
I hope you enjoyed today’s recipe! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think!
In Health, Happiness, & Hope,
Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
~ 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18