2 cups Palm Sugar or Xylitol (Non-GMO)
3/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder-OR- Organic unsweetened cocoa powder
2 Tbs Maca Powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup Coconut Milk
1/2 cup coconut oil or raw butter, heated just until melted
2 Organic Eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup hot water mixed with 2 tsp. Dandy Blend OR 1 c. hot organic coffee
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter/Oil and “flour” (using Pamela’s or cocoa) two 8-inch round cake pans or one 13×9 rectangle pan.
- In an electric mixer, mix Pamela’s, sugar, cocoa powder, maca powder, baking soda, and salt at low speed.
- In medium bowl, whisk coconut milk with melted coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly beat the liquid mixture into the dry ingredient until just incorporated, then slowly beat in hot dandy Blend until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 30 minutes, or just until a toothpick comes out clean. Be careful not to over-bake them or the cakes may be dry.
- Cool cake in pans 30 minutes, then stick in freezer for at least 2 hours. Don’t remove cake from freezer until right before frosting.
- Remove from freezer, and with a knife, loosen the edges of the cake, then take a fork and lightly pull up the edges and the bottom of the cake by sticking the fork between the cake and the pan and scooping it under the cake a little. Go around the pan doing this, and the cake will pop out easily.
9 oz Organic dark chocolate bar, at least 75%
1/4 c. coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
30 drops liquid stevia or 4 packets powdered or to taste
1 tsp. dandy blend
1 tsp Maca
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or over very low heat, stirring, until melted.
- Add vanilla, maca, & dandy blend until all is well combined.
- Place mixture in freezer, stirring every 10 min until it thickens. When it becomes slightly thinner then a frosting consistency. Then carefully spread a thin layer between the layers, and spread out frosting on top layer of cake and let drip over sides. You can carefully spread on the sides as well. It will harden up on top of cold cakes.
- ** You may need to double the frosting if you are doing a layer in between two cakes.
Set a cake layer on a plate with flat side up. Spread thin layer on top. Top with the second cake layer, rounded side up. Finish frosting.
** I have also blended fresh strawberries and added a small amount of palm sugar and made a strawberry filling to put between the cake layers and it turned out AMAZING!!!
Jessica Aubrey, RN