Tonight we had more of a “manly meal” for two studly basketball players. Instead of salad & fish, we had burgers & fries. As you guys know, nothing comes out of my kitchen that isn’t nourishing to the body, and this was no exception. These burgers were delicious and popped with flavor!
I topped these beefy burgers with these beautiful local organic tomatoes, onions, avocados, some organic condiments, and wrapped in a beautiful local red lettuce. MMM!
These red potato fries were the perfect pair to the perfect burger. They were crispy and FULL of flavor!
Here are some fun facts about red potatoes…
2. It has been shown to not spike your blood sugar as much as the average Russet Potato.
3. It is less-likely to feed Candida Yeast overgrowth and usually considered a safe food on most candida-killing diets such as the “Body Ecology Diet”.
4. It is low in calories with a good amount of fiber.
5. They contain high levels of anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant. The red potato contains five times the level of antioxidants compared with the russet potato.
6. Contain a good amount of protein with 4 completely bio-available grams.
To better demo how EASY this meal is to throw together, I made a quick video in my cute little Spanish Kitchen. Enjoy!
Recipe for Best Burgers Ever
500 grams or about 1 lb. Organic GRASS-FED ground beef
1 c. shredded organic zucchini
1 Tbs. ground chia seed
1/4 c. raw feta cheese
10 kalamata olives diced
1 chopped green onion
1 1/2 Tb. Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbs. RAW Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Organic Egg (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients in a food processor or large bowl with hands until well combined.
2. Make patties to be about 3-4 inches in diameter.
3. Preheat grill or BBQ and place burgers on grill approximately 3-4 min. each side depending on preference.
4. After you flip them you can add a slice of raw cheese to make cheeseburgers.
5. Serve these patties on toasted gluten free buns or wrapped in lettuce and add desired healthy condiments
*Avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles
*Organic mustard, mayo, ketchup (NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP)
Recipe for Fantastic Fries
- 3-4 Large red potatoes
- 4-5 tbs extra virgin coconut oil or raw butter
- Seasonings: Himalayan salt, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash and cut potatoes into french fry shapes.
3. Place cut potatoes in a large ziplock bag and add melted coconut oil and seasonings. Shake until all potatoes are covered.
4. Spread french fries out onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
5. Place on one of the top racks in the oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. Check on them half way through and stir around.
6. Enjoy with your delicious burger!
That’s all for today guys. I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Have a beautiful day and I pray that everything you do today is blessed. 🙂
P.S…If you haven’t already entered your email to follow my blog, scroll down to the bottom of this page and do so now! You can also sign up to get my monthly newsletters by clicking on the newsletter tab on the main page! And feel free to pass this on to anyone you feel would enjoy it! 🙂
“For I know the plans I have for you, declare the LORD, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE.” – God