Happy Wednesday Everyone!!
I hope your week is going well! Today is Weight Loss Wednesday! Every Wednesday, I’ll be giving you a tip on weight loss that will be easy to implement. Today’s is very simple. Check out my video below!
10 Benefits to drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning…
1. It helps alkalize the body
- I will be expanding soon on the importance of maintaining a healthy pH in the body, but for now all you need to know is that lemon water helps your body get where it needs to. Research shows that those with a more alkaline pH have a much easier time with healthy weight loss. It is also CRITICAL that you know this very important fact: NO CANCER CELL CAN SURVIVE IN AN ALKALINE ENVIRONMENT, BUT EVERY CANCER CELL THRIVES IN AN ACIDIC ENVIRONMENT. That is powerful knowledge!
2. It hydrates the body
- Hydration is essential for health and weight loss. 70% of our bodies are composed of water. That’s a lot! What do you think is going to happen if you don’t drink enough water…your body is going to begin to deteriorate. Makes you think twice before starting off your day with a huge cup of coffee huh? You can go for a significant amount of time without food, but without water, we would die after approximately 72 hours according to research. Many people will lose weight just by hydrating their body alone. When you are dehydrated, your body goes into starvation mode and begins to hold on to every ounce of water it gets just in case it won’t see any for a long time again. But, if you drink it regularly, your body knows it’s safe to let go of extra water weight. Of course many factors play into this, but hydration is KEY to health & weight loss.
3. Kick starts the digestive system
- Lemon has been known for hundreds of years to help with digestive issues and constipation. Water as well is wonderful for digestion. Many times dehydration is the culprit behind constipation or acid reflux. Water and lemon together have a synergistic action on the digestive tract as it gently stimulates peristalsis (the wavelike movement throughout the digestive tract that pushes foods through), lubricates the colon to move waste through, and bulks up waste to push it out of the body. Lemons are also full of minerals that help to relax the digestive tract and loosen stored toxins along the colon wall.
4. It’s good for your lymphatic system
- Your lymphatic system consists of your lymph nodes (those little nodules you feel in your neck that swell up when you get sick- they are found all throughout your body and act as mini filters to screen out the toxins in the body) and your lymph fluid. Warm water is one of the best things you can do to cleanse the lymphatic system. Lymph stagnation is a major cause of abdominal bloating and water retention. There are many different processes that play a role in lymphatic stagnation and abdominal bloating, but doing this simple tip can be a huge help!
5. Antioxidant morning boost with high levels of vitamin c
- Lemons have a good amount of bioavailable vitamin C and antioxidants to boost the immune system and fight off viruses, colds, & the flu. Vitamin C also helps the absorption of calcium which research has shown to significantly aid in weight loss.
6. Strengthens and cleans the liver
- Water is responsible for the fluid content of the blood. The liver is the organ that filters the blood, so blood viscosity plays a big role in how hard the liver will have to work. So, not drinking enough water will cause the blood to become thicker and more difficult for the liver to filter. According to Dr. Alexander F. Beddoe in Biological Ionization in Human Nutrition, the liver can make more enzymes out of fresh lemon juice than any other food. Lemons have a wonderful stimulative action on the liver to release toxins and improve a congested liver.
7. Ignites the Metabolism
- Both lemon and water help rev up the metabolism. Adding cayenne pepper will be an even stronger metabolism booster and fat burner!
8. Blood purifier
- A great trait of lemons is that they help purify the blood. They help improve liver function which is the liver filter and in turn improves the quality of our blood. If you add in Fortune Delight, you will get twice the benefit! Fortune Delight has shown to oxygenate and purify the blood as well.
9. Lowers sugar absorption
- “It has been studied that even a little lemon can help you lower the absorption of sugars from the food you eat simply because of its high acidic content. You can go one step further and eat some lemon peels along with the juice, this acts like a double whammy on weight gain, because the pectin present in the peels helps in weight loss by becoming a gel forming substance in your stomach which reduces the sugar absorption from the food you eat.:- Read more here…
10. Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic
- The mixture of warm water and lemon works excellent to remove excess fluid from the body. There are some theories that it improves adrenal function. The adrenal glands regulate a hormone called aldosterone that is key in fluid retention. It also helps release toxins from the body. When we have toxin overload in our tissues, it causes fluid retention. Drinking this simple concoction can help deflate the fluff in multiple ways. Woohoo!
Here are some resources for you to check out…
In my new program, “THE EMPOWERED WOMAN”, we will dive into the biggest weight loss myths and the some key foundational elements to make weight loss easy and effective!