For today’s “Tasty Tuesday” post, I want to give a shout out to the amazing Elana Amsterdam of www.ElanasPantry.com. She has inspired me so much throughout the years and has made the transition to a gluten-free lifestyle much more enjoyable! Her recent post was on these delicious pumpkin spice muffins, and they are way too good not to share! For the full posting and to get her recipe head on over to http://www.elanaspantry.com/pumpkin-spice-muffins/.
For those of you wanting to avoid honey, I would recommend substituting coconut syrup for the honey to lower the glycemic index a bit.
Enjoy these delicious Autumn muffins with a cold glass of homemade coconut-walnut milk!
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup freshly roasted pumpkin (canned pumpkin will not work)
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons vegan palm oil shortening
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla crème stevia
- In a food processor pulse together coconut flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger
- Pulse in eggs, pumpkin, honey, shortening and stevia
- Transfer batter into paper lined muffin tin
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes
- Makes about 8 muffins
Again, make sure you check out her full post at http://www.elanaspantry.com/pumpkin-spice-muffins/.
Have a great day VOTING YES ON PROP 37!!! 🙂