Phi.los.o.phy- A system of values by which one lives.
It’s important to me that you know how I work and by what system of values I operate from, so I wanted to outline some key points in my beliefs and what makes me…ME.
My calling in life has become more and more clear in the past year or so and continues to unravel with new opportunities and experiences. I know I have been placed on this earth with a burning desire to help others, particularly in the area of their health. We all have a unique calling and special skills; some are called to be teachers, some are called to be leaders, some are called to be artists, some are called to be musicians, and each one of us has been given the desire and ability to follow our hearts. Mine is restoring hope in hopeless health situations.
As you know, there are a bazillion opinions when it comes to health, how to achieve it, and what it really means. I by no means think I know it all, but I do believe I’ve been taken through specific circumstances to get a pretty good grasp n what health is and how to get there. Here are my 5 core principles:
- We are all the same at a foundational level: We all have the same foundational requirements to be alive: our core systems (digestive, immune, circulatory, endocrine, respiratory), a level of will power, the ability to change our mindset and perspective at any given second, a craving deep within us to connect to a higher source of life beyond ourselves, and a longing to love and be loved.
- We need to look no further than our own bodies for the cure to cancer & disease: Cancer can only survive in an environment hospitable for it’s existence and our immune system is a cancer cell’s worst nightmare. Instead of poisoning and weakening our bodies with solutions that are known to cause cancer, we need to look within ourselves, figure out why a disease developed in the first place, fix it, and we will be free from the fear of a disease that labels 1-out of-3 people with it’s nasty name.
- You cannot separate physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health and succeed: In all of these diets, programs, fads, and avenues for health, there is something missing in many of them. They only address one area of the body. Our human body is INCREDIBLY complex- By far THE most beautifully complicated creation on the planet. You cannot focus just on diet and expect your entire body to heal. You cannot just do meditation and expect all of your problems to go away, you cannot just sit on the couch all day every day and pray once in a while and think you are being a good steward of what you’ve been given. God created every single area of our bodies- the physical structure, our mental thought process, our emotional feelings, and our spiritual longing to be intimately connected with Him. One must address and nourish all of these areas in order to achieve optimal wellness and ultimate success in life.
- We need to stop substituting for the body and start feeding it to regenerate itself: I think it’s safe to say our subconscious body has somewhat of an attitude problem. If you start forcing it to do things, it will say, “Fine, if you want to play that game, I’m going to stop working all together!”. Take Senna- a colon stimulating herb- for example. If you take this type of herb on a regular basis to clean out your colon, you will develop what is known as “lazy colon”, where it stops working on it’s own because it doesn’t have to any more, you are doing the work for it. However, if you figure out the root cause behind why your digestion is slow and feed your body what it is deficient in, you will strengthen your colon and improve it at a foundational level so you don’t have that issue anymore. In a general sense, we need to stop substituting and forcing the body to do things and start listening to our bodies and give it what it needs to heal. That being said, I do support using more critical measures in an acute or life-threatening situation, and in these situations, I am VERY thankful for the resources we have to force the body to stop bleeding internally, prevent brain swelling, heal a shattered bone, etc. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for those life-saving procedures available to us.
- We need to stop isolating organs, systems, and body parts: I used to fall into the same common thinking pattern that many use today- “If one area of my body isn’t working, let’s just fix that one area and my problem will go away.”- Obviously, this doesn’t work. One example is the gallbladder. Thousands are hijacked every day from individuals who didn’t recognize ahead of time how connected the gallbladder is to the liver and digestive system, and that a gallbladder surgery in most cases is 100% preventable. Removing an organ such as the gallbladder by almost never fixes the issue. We need to stop looking at one single area of the body, and take a step back, looking at the big picture of why things are happening in the body, and strengthen our bodies at a foundational level. When this happens, everything falls into place and those specific areas of the body will improve.
There are many health professionals out there, and I am not about to say that I am a good match for everyone. If you are looking for a drill sergeant to scream in your face, I’m not your girl. If you’re looking for someone who will take your money and do the bare minimum, keep looking. If you’re looking for someone to just tell you what you want to hear, I’m sorry, but I can’t do that.
If you are looking for someone who will give 110% to help you reach the health and life goals you set for yourself, who will work with you in the trenches and encourage you through every phase, look no further. As I said, my mission in life is to empower and encourage people like you to take their health back, and if you partner with me in this exciting journey, we will do just that.
Are you ready to take your health and your life to the next level?
If so, contact me today to get you started! I look forward to working with you!
Your Health Patriot,