These cookies are a mix of different inspirations and they actually turned out really good! What’s really awesome is that you can have these raw or baked and play with the add ins to make your own creation!INGREDIENTS: 1 1/2 cups Chick Peas soaked overnight, cooked, & strained
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/2 cup GMO-free xylitol or palm sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Baking soda
1/4 c. almond meal
2 rounded tbs coconut flour 1 heaping tbs flax or chia meal OPTIONAL add-ins: cacao nibs, hemp seeds, dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all cookie dough ingredients — EXCEPT for chocolate chips or add ins — in food processor. You can also use a hand blender.
- After completely combined and no chickpeas remain, you can stir in desired add ins OR you can choose to sprinkle them on top of the cookies after you place them on the cookie sheet.
- Scoop 1-inch thick balls onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Before placing in the oven, use the back of a spoon or spatula to flatten the cookies because they will not flatten on their own.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until chocolate chips are melting. YOU CAN ALSO MAKE THESE RAW! All you need to do is form the little balls of cookie dough and either dehydrate or put in the freezer. You’ll be surprised at how delicious they are! If you choose not to bake them you can also use stevia as a sweetener instead of the xylitol or palm sugar.
- Remove from oven and let cool. I personally prefer to store these in the freezer and eat cold. They still remain soft even when frozen, and in my opinion have a better texture.
- Have fun and enjoy with some homemade walnut-coconut milk!
P.S…Make sure you check out my new program, “The Empowered Woman”!! Share it with the women in your life 🙂
Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.
~ Proverbs 12:18