Is your mouth watering??? Mine is just from looking at this picture again! There is nothing better than a FAST, EASY, NUTRIENT DENSE meal, right? This recipe fits all of those beautiful traits. As you may have noticed in previous recipes, I just love hemp seeds. They are so great to sprinkle on anything and they are SO good for you! Some would even go as far to say that they are the most nutritionally complete food source in the world! Wowzas! Yes please!
Here are some fun facts about hemp seeds:
- No other single plant source has the essential amino acids in such an easily digestible form, nor has the essential fatty acids in as perfect a ratio to meet human nutritional needs.
- The two main proteins in hemp seed are edestin and albumin. Both of these high-quality storage proteins are easily digested and contain nutritionally significant amounts of all essential amino acids. In addition, hemp seed has exceptionally high levels of the amino acid arginine.
- Most seeds, nuts, and legumes, contain phytic acid, which can prevent us from absorbing important nutrients. Hemp seeds on the other hand does not contain this harmful agent.
- Contains a high protein percentage of the simple proteins that strengthen immunity and fend off toxins.
- Eating hemp seeds in any form could aid, if not heal, people suffering from immune deficiency diseases. This conclusion is supported by the fact that hemp seed has been used to treat nutritional deficiencies brought on by tuberculosis, a severe nutrition blocking disease that causes the body to waste away.
- Nature’s highest botanical source of essential fatty acid, with more essential fatty acid than flax or any other nut or seed oil.
- A perfect 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 Linoleic Acid and Omega-3 Linolenic Acid – for cardiovascular health and general strengthening of the immune system.
- A superior vegetarian source of protein considered easily digestible.
- A rich source of phytonutrients, the disease-protective element of plants with benefits protecting your immunity, bloodstream, tissues, cells, skin, organs and mitochondria.
- The richest known source of polyunsaturated essential fatty acids.
And obviously KALE is ridiculously awesome! Here are some quick fun facts on this leafy green superfood:
- It is a member of the Brassica family of vegetables that includes cabbage, collards, and Brussels sprouts. These vegetables are known for their richness in anti-oxidants and sulfur containing phytonutrients.
- 2 of the power packed nutrients in kale are the glucosinolates and methyl cysteine sulfoxides. These super-nutrients help help to activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver that play an important role in neutralizing carcinogenic substances. One such glucosinolate, sulforaphane, is formed when kale is either chopped or chewed. Sulforaphane has been shown to alter the genetic expression of the liver allowing to more effectively use its detoxification enzymes (Natural News).
- Isothiocyanates have been shown to inhibit carcinogenesis and to cause cancer cell death.
- kale ranks highest among all vegetables in its concentration of the carotenoids beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin.
- It is a good source of calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, fiber, iron, folic acid, amino acids, antioxidant flavonoids, and lutein.
http://www.naturalnews.com/029318_kale_superfood.html#ixzz26O3Ona69O.K. Now, to the recipe…Hemp & Kale (With Tempeh)Large bunch of kale cut into pieces2-3 cloves garlic diced1 onion thinly sliced250 mg. Organic Tempeh4-5 Tbs. Coconut oil1/4 cup organic broth or water2 tbs. Organic Hemp SeedsSalt & Pepper to taste
- On a large skillet, melt coconut oil and saute garlic, onion, and tempeh until golden brown.
- Add Kale- Add up to 1/4 cup organic broth or water. You want the Kale to steam. Cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and stir. Salt and pepper to taste. Let sit and sautee until kale is wilted to desired texture.
- Remove from pan and place in dish or on plate and sprinkle with hemp seeds.
And there you go! Super easy! Super fun! Super delish! And most importantly SUPER good for you! Have a great day!
“To live your best life now, you must learn to trust God’s timing, you may not think He’s working, but you can be sure that right now, behind the scenes, God is arranging all the pieces to come together to work out His plan for your life.”