You made it past Monday, and THAT deserves a celebration! How about some delicious pancakes? Maybe you’ve been trying to eat healthier and have cut gluten and sugar out of your diet. You feel GREAT, but there are some things you really miss! Pancakes might be one of those. 🙂 Luckily
we have this delicious pancake recipe that can feed your cravings while still nourishing your body! This is a variation from the original recipe found at www.runningtothekitchen.com. Check it out, it is a brilliant website!
There are many different pancake recipes out there that are delicious with different textures, flavors, and ingredients. This is just one of those variations. I made these for Sunday Morning Breakfast topped with some warm berries sprinkled with stevia and they were just perfect. Next time I’m going to drizzle my Sunflower sauce on these babies…YUM! Maybe with the berries…it would be like a PB&J pancake!! YESSS PLEASSSE!!
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax or chia seed
- pinch of salt
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (preferably homemade- if canned make sure it’s organic and from a BPA-Free can)
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbs coconut sugar or xylitol
- 1/4 cup dried figs (sulphate free) chopped into pieces (optional)
- coconut oil for cooking pancakes
- Berries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, or shredded coconut for topping
- Heat a pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Pour all ingredients except figs into a food processor and pulse until completely combined. You can also make these in a blender or stir by hand in a mixing bowl. Add in figs and stir by hand.
- Add 1/2 tsp coconut oil to pan and let melt
- Pour batter in 1/4 cupfuls onto the pan and use the back of a spoon to gently form into a circle and spread out. (Batter will be a bit thicker than regular pancake batter). Cover with a lid
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on the first side, carefully flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed.
- Spread raw butter or coconut oil on pancakes and drizzle with warmed berries, sprinkle with hemp seeds and coconut. You can also sprinkle with powdered stevia or use my sunflower sauce!!