Welcome back to Tasty Tuesday!
This creation came to me in the spur of the moment last night when I had no idea what to make for dinner. It was a total success and I will definitely be repeating this again soon! Ever since I went gluten-free, I do have days where I miss pasta. I know there are gluten-free pastas, but most of the time they are filled with junk, so I just avoid them. These noodles however are calorie free! I’m not a big calorie counting fan at all, but I do love that these are full of fiber, totally natural, and have zero calories! Check out the recipe below…
- 1 package of miracle or kelp noodles.
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 handful kale chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms- I found a frozen bag of mixed mushrooms including shiitake & boletus. If you can use shiitake or other medicinal mushrooms, that would be the best!
- 1 tbs. raw butter
- 3-4 tbs. organic coconut oil
- 1 tbs. Nutritional yeast (optional- give is a cheesy flavor)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Optional: add in grilled chicken
- Melt coconut oil & butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & garlic and cover. Sautee about 5 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Add mushrooms & kale and cover
- In the meantime, drain and rinse the noodles. For some reason they tend to smell like fish when you open them. The weirdest thing, I know, but they taste NOTHING like fish. 🙂 Rest assured.
- Once the mushrooms are cooked and the kale is wilted, add in the noodles, salt to taste, & nutritional yeast and turn to low heat. Cover for about 2 minutes to let noodles heat up.
- I also chose to add in some grilled organic chicken breast. I cooked it seperately, cut it into strips and mixed it in at the end. You can choose to do the same if you’d like!
- That’s all it takes! Enjoy your nice meal! As a tip, if you would like your sauce to be thicker, you can add a little coconut flour and mix it in. Be careful not to add too much or it may become too thick.
Try it out and let me know what you think by leaving a comment below! Have a great day!!