Hooray 2 days until Valentines day!!
I don’t know about you, but in my family, Valentines day has always been a MASSIVE holiday. One of the first conversations my mom had with my husband (new boyfriend at the time) was just how big of a deal Valentine’s day was and his responsibilities as the love in my life..haha. Poor guy. 🙂
Although Valentine’s Day can be a super fun day, it can also be incredibly toxic. Do you know what Cancer’s #1 Favorite food is?…..SUGAR!
Are you trying to love on your sweetheart or feed their cancer cells? Probably the first one, right? So, today I want to give you a few ideas and tips on how to show that special someone you care this year without harming them in the process.
Obviously this day is a day of romance & love. Instead of giving toxic treats that will actually inhibit your loved one’s senses, energy, & libido, why not enhance them with natural aphrodisiacs? In today’s society, we are rushed and stressed to the max, leaving many marriages depleted of passion and energy in the bedroom Here are some ideas to relight the fire:
- Cinnamon: Increases body heat & circulation.
- Celery: Contains two chemicals — androsterone and adrostenol — which serve as a sexual attractant when ingested.
- Avocado: The Aztecs called the avocado tree “Ahuacuatl,” which translates to “testicle tree.” Known for it’s aphrodisiac properties for thousands of years.
- Ginger: Increases circulation & body temperature.
- Chocolate: NOT the kind you’re thinking! 🙂 Organic, raw dark chocolate is the best kind you can get, igniting your sexual desire without adding to the muffin top. Chocolate stimulates the feel-good hormone dopamine in your brain and releases the same hormones as your body produces during sex. Get 73% cacao or darker for best results.
- Pomegranates: Increase circulation and sensitivity.
Learn about more here: http://kimberlysnyder.net/blog/2011/10/03/25-foods-that-are-natural-aphrodisiacs/
Opt-out of Toxic Treats and Choose…
- Organic Low-Sugar/ Sugar-free sweets
- Homemade Goodies
- Homemade raw superfood chocolates- Find the recipe in my Superfood Infused Holiday Recipe Collection
- Homemade gluten-free and sugar-free or naturally sweetened treats such as cupcakes, brownies, chocolate cake, etc.
- Make a homemade “Edible Arrangement” with organic fruit! Cut shapes with a small cookie cutter if you’d like, get a Styrofoam ball, skewers, a basket or cute bucket to put it all in and create away!
Gifts Ideas For Men
- Romantic homemade gift-certificates for massage, a date night, etc.
- An engraved watch
- Supplements good for male health such as Testrovida or Restore the Yang.
- Tools or handyman toys
- A hotel night away
Gifts Ideas For Women
- Romantic homemade gift-certificates for doing the laundry, watching the kids, a massage, etc.
- Gift card for her favorite store.
- A romantic hotel getaway
- A salon day
- A 1-hour Consultation with me! 🙂
I hope this helps in your Valentine’s day celebration. Even if you don’t have a special sweetheart, celebrate LOVE with family & friends. Remember, it’s all about your heart and being intentional about the time you spend with your loved ones. This year show your loved ones how much you mean to them by protecting them from the yuck out there! I want to know what you’re planning and what your plans are for Valentines day. 🙂 Leave a comment below!
In Health, Hope, & Happiness,
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13